The name might be a bit of a mouthful, but these raw and vegan salted caramel bits are absolutely divine! Filled with crunchy pretzel bits, salted caramel goodness, chocolate and a little bit of Veego plant protein powder, what's not to love!
INGREDIENTS (makes 8 medium bars) 🌿
- 80g (1 cup) rolled oats
- 60g (2 cups) pretzels + extra for decorating
- 1 scoop Veego Salted Caramel Protein Powder
- 80g almond butter (PB would also be amazing!)
- 150g medjool dates (about 7 large dates)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp plant milk
- 50g dark chocolate
- Flakey sea salt for sprinkling
- In a food processor, blitz rolled oats, vegan protein powder and pretzels until there are still small chunks of pretzels remaining.
- Add in dates, nut butter & maple syrup. Then add in milk and process until it becomes a sticky-ish dough.
- Press into a small baking paper lined tray (for easy removal). Melt dark chocolate and pour over the top. Leave in fridge for 10 mins to get tacky.
- Press pretzels into chocolate and add a sprinkle of flakey sea salt if you like!
Thanks to Bronte for sending her recipe through to us! For more delicious treats like these, be sure to check out Bronte's Instagram Page! @food_unwrapped